Du bist nicht angemeldet.

#1 10.10.2015 20:18

XtrmPrgrmmr
Mitglied

Movies

Sorry, but I can't understand exactly, whether the names of Movies are fake (similar gw_smiley_zwinkern ) or real...

According to the answer, I will start to add some movies or to translate into Turkish...

#2 10.10.2015 20:37

Gast2
TVT-Roadie

Re: Movies

I try it... smile

All Movies in the game are fakes. Some are fiction. But the most are originals with faked title, actors and directors an so on.

In the newes faked movies ther are in the .xml file also the original title added.
Try at first to take this.

#3 10.10.2015 20:44

Ronny
Administrator
Webseite

Currently many movies are "fake names" ... TheRob started to add the IMDB-IDs, so people could check what the movie "originally" was (before faking the title/cast names).

This is because it is not clear if we are allowed to use the original name. So if the Turkish movie titles are localized (not "English") then you might need to invent "fakes".

So instead of saying "12 monkeys", we might talk about "11 donkeys". Some translations contain "pun" - so "Bruce Willis" became "Bruce Will-es" (Bruce Wants-It) because in German this is similar pronounced. But in other languages, the "pun" might be a different one (eg a play with "Bruce").

bye
Ron

sigimg2.php?id=1

#4 10.10.2015 20:50

XtrmPrgrmmr
Mitglied

That is very good... smile

I will try to translate according to this info... smile

I see some IDs on Programme tags... I think that these are Unique IDs for Movies... If I want to add new one, is there any format to create new IDs. How can I add my "new" movies? (I will start with copying all the format from an old one and try to change info...)

#5 10.10.2015 22:18

Ronny
Administrator
Webseite

just use something "unique":

programme-xtrmpgrmmr-movietitle

news-xtrmpgrmmr-newseventtitle

if you have a look at "therob.xml" or "ronny.xml" you will see similar GUIDs.

bye
Ron

sigimg2.php?id=1

#6 11.10.2015 09:43

TheRob
TVTower-Testteam

In the database you will find tt IDs and nm IDs (imdb_id="tt.."). You can use them as a search pattern on IMDB.com

tt is for the movies, nm for directors and actors. I am not sure if you really have to translate it. I think you also could use your own description in turkish. As long as you use the Fakenames the german or english versions are using.

If the movie is using a fictionial="1" than it is not a movie that exists in reallife. So you can translate it without further research.

For your own movies, please try to search in the database with the tt number and for director and actors with the nm number and use the existing ones. This will not only raise the quality of the db but also raise the popularity of the director and actor in the game.

For real movies please insert the IDs from IMDB. For fictional ones the hint fictional="1". And a hint for the fictional movies: in the db of rumpelfreddy are many fictional names sorted by birthcountry. So you do not have to invent all names by yourself.

Have fun with the dbs.. smile

Saygılarımla

Beitrag geändert von TheRob (11.10.2015 12:49)

#7 14.11.2015 22:33

KyleofTVTower
Mitglied

By the way, since movies and programmes are being discussed, how exactly do I add my own movies/programmes into the game? I see the very hard way of attempting to copy code that is a pre-existing movie, changing up the names and such, and hope I got everything in the code that will let it be in the game. But, is there an easier way than trial and error? smile

#8 15.11.2015 09:54

Ronny
Administrator
Webseite

You have two options:

- do it on your own (by hand / manual editing of xml files)
- or stay patient and wait for the upcoming editor (there is a German thread about it)

For doing it by hand:
It is not that hard, especially if you are just "translating" existing movies (just check the IMDB-IDs if yours are already included).
If you want to help translating things the first thing of course would be "spell-checking" the existing translations (open up the xml files and search for "<en>").

Which language you want your movies to get translated to?

bye
Ron

sigimg2.php?id=1

#9 16.11.2015 06:07

KyleofTVTower
Mitglied

Well, I am planning to do English movies, assuming I add them before the editor comes out; however, I might do German translations if someone(s) wants me to, just don't expect it to come from anywhere besides Google Translate. Sorry, I just don't have enough time to go searching in a dictionary and online for the proper words and grammar for all the movies and programmes. smile
I understand the <en>=english idea and have actually started to translate a few movies to English(mostly so I can understand wtf they mean), it's just that I thought there were lots of lines of code per programme and that some things from the movies would have to be duplicated into a separate spot that I didn't even know existed in order for the game to register each new item correctly. And now you know why I asked. gw_smiley_zwinkern

#10 16.11.2015 09:23

Ronny
Administrator
Webseite

If you want to add a _new_ movie, you have to copy-paste an existing one -and then you have to adjust that copied block (replace ratings, production data, cast and of course title/content).
Most important is: adjust the "GUID" to something unique (eg. "programme-kyleoftvtower-mymovietitle").
This is the "non trivial" part and I suggest you do everything in an "extra"-file: res/database/Default/user/kyleoftvtower.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<tvgdb>
	<version value="3" comment="movies from KyleOfTVTower" />
	<allprogrammes>
		<!-- your programme blocks here -->
	</allprogrammes>
</tvgdb>

If the movie exists - it gets really trivial, just fill in the "<en>"-parts (or add, if missing) and voila... that should do.

You can do it in a "more complex" way if you want to split your work from the original one: create the user xml like told before, but then just save the adjusted parts.

If you want to extend "Indianer Jones und der Krempel des Todes" ("Indian James and the clutter of death" - the "whirled" version of "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom", "Krempel des Todes" sounds in German similar to "Tempel des Todes / Temple of Doom"):

<tvgdb>
	<allprogrammes>
		<programme id="6f6b1f1e-0f7d-4ef2-9513-17fbe1148926">
			<title>
				<en>override / create English title</en>
			</title>
			<description>
				<en>override / create English description</en>
			</description>
		</programme>
	</allprogrammes>
</tvgdb>

You see: just the needed things are written there: the "id", to let the game know what you are modifying, and the modified values.

bye
Ron

sigimg2.php?id=1

#11 17.11.2015 00:52

KyleofTVTower
Mitglied

Thanks! That is really helpful; I'll play around some with this over the course of the week if I have time! Again, thank you; before, I had no idea wtf I was doing. laugh
Can't wait till the editor releases whenever it does, and makes things even easier! smile
So, I just keep the same ID as the copied film? But, won't that replace the programme? See, I'm trying to add entirely new movies, and not remove any existing ones. After all, us Americans say "More is better." biggrin

Beitrag geändert von KyleofTVTower (17.11.2015 04:46)

#12 17.11.2015 01:01

KyleofTVTower
Mitglied

Sorry to be a ask-it-all person, but is the method of doing series the same way, just you duplicate the same movie, but add a different description or something? Sorry to be a bother again, but I want to know so I can make some series of my own, because I find there seems to be a lack of series, at least to me. I understand you guys work real hard and I'm sure it's a pain in the butt to make new series, so I understand. smile

#13 17.11.2015 01:08

Gast2
TVT-Roadie

Look at this thread.
http://www.gamezworld.de/phpforum/viewt … p?id=13472

There is an example in post #4. May be it could help you, to understand. smile

#14 17.11.2015 04:31

KyleofTVTower
Mitglied

Wow Gast2, that one forum thread has everything under the Sun I would ever need to know about programmes and series. Thanks! You guys have been so helpful; I hope to get a bunch of programmes of my own together and then maybe, one day, I'll post it on the forums for download! biggrin
Just a warning in advance: don't expect any insanely accurate German translations; they're probably going to be right from Google Translate. I can't afford the time to dig in and find all the right terminology. So, things might sound wrong if I add translations in the future! smile

#15 17.11.2015 04:47

Gast2
TVT-Roadie

Ma English isn't so good as well, it longs for smalltalk, but my german skill is beautiful. gw_smiley_zwinkern

What I mean:
Put down both versions in a thread like these:

http://www.gamezworld.de/phpforum/viewt … p?id=13626

Name it for example "KyleofTVTower DB" (DB = Datenbank; data bank;) an put it up.

If something don't sounds or jolts, we ask back, what the joke or sense about. And so I think, we find a way for a good sounding german translation.

By the way

What's the meaning of Kyle? I don't found the word in my lovely dictionary ("ding"). There are many special words or slangs inside.

#16 17.11.2015 10:27

Ronny
Administrator
Webseite

@gast2:
DB ... database :-)

@Kyle
Do _not_ use the code examples given in Gast2's thread. They use the outdated "v2"-style, not the "v3" we use today.

just check "user/ronny.xml" to see various examples of doing things (at least I think I tried to create various things there :-)).

KyleOfTVTower schrieb:

So, I just keep the same ID as the copied film?

Yes and No!

Yes: keep the ID if you want to _extend_ the movie/programme (override or add data/translations)

No: if you want to create a _new_ movie/programme, each entry needs a _unique_ ID (which is why I suggested "programme-kyleoftvtower-movietitle" - should not get used by other users unwittingly)

@Series
Just check how I did that (or how "database_programmes.xml" does it). Basic principle is, that a "programme block" (the series "header" with its main information or "base information used for all episodes if they do not list things on their own") contains "episode blocks". It is like "programme contains programmes".

bye
Ron

sigimg2.php?id=1

#17 17.11.2015 13:05

Teppic
TVTower-Testteam

@KyleOfTVTower

you can post your translations and I can do a checkup which will
be better than google.translate but don´t expect them to be perfect. gw_smiley_zwinkern
Please post both texts 1st english and the german below.
Maybe open up a new thread (Neues Thema erstellen)
as soon as you have some text.

#18 18.11.2015 01:05

KyleofTVTower
Mitglied

@Ronny Now I understand what you were talking about with the ID thing. laugh             I took the "make new IDs" idea way too seriously, and just typed in random numbers and letters in the same pattern as that sample; I'll fix it now, and I'm happy I don't have to do that!
Also, thanks for letting me know about the series thing. That will help, too! I don't know why I never checked the file that says Ronny; I mean, you're the one giving me all the freaking advice. Silly American me! biggrin
OK, looking at your code, I understand why the game doesn't have that many series. I am not actually sure I will be doing any series right now, because there's a lot of actor stuff, lots of variables, and lots and LOTS of lines of code per series! By the way, with programmes, I only saw country of production, actors, critics, etc. in the user files, and not under the main database's programmes. With my programmes, do I need to be adding all of that info right now? ohmy

@Teppic Alright. Glad to know someone will check my stuff out so I don't embarrass myself to the whole German community(eh,2/3 of this game's forumers?); I'll work on translations once I have a lot of movies(probably not any series, at least not yet). With my lack of time(minus weekends thankfully), it'll be a while before I give you something to look at; you've got some time(at least a week probably) before I give you stuff to look at. I do have Thanksgiving break coming up(next Wednesday through Friday), so maybe I can work a lot on these things then.
I will be checking back once a day from here on out as best I can. I'll be letting you guy know of my progress every now and then, and some day(possibly in the next month or two) I'll post my collection of programmes(which btw Ronny, if you want you can add them to the game without telling me; I don't care!) and you guys can enjoy my month(?) of work and learning how this beautiful game works! smile

Beitrag geändert von KyleofTVTower (18.11.2015 01:38)

#19 18.11.2015 10:12

Ronny
Administrator
Webseite

@variables

do not mix it up with scripts! (scripts are a bit more complicated, as they are written in a "generator-style" way. So a script is different each time it is "created").

Series are not much more complicated than programmes.

A sample series in ronny.xml is "Paper planes" (id "ronny-programme-family-papierflieger").
There you see, that once the actors/directors... in the series header are defined, you do not need to write them down for each episode - which makes each episode-entry shorter than an normal programme entry.

If you are not sure about the basic structure and so on:
- post your movie / series in an abstract way here, and we will transform it:

title: x
description: x
genre: x
year: x
think you got it :-)

@translation
I think all really active users here (only a handful up to now) are able to correct your German translation. As some of us are also speaking English (on an lower to average level) we might also get it, if you use idioms in your texts.

Do not force yourself into something you cannot achieve in the self-given timeframe. Make it, post it, get feedback and enjoy having something done. Do not worry if there are some small mistakes in the files - nobody of us is producing flawless gems from nothing.

Next to translating movies, there are some other things which could benefit from you being an "native American":
In "res/lang/lang_en.txt" you can find the existing interface translation. Somebody in the BlitzMax-board (the language I use to develop the game) mentioned, that the texts are easily to identify as written not by an native English-speaker. So maybe you could have a look at these lines and suggest changes if needed.
If you see variables with an "1" or "2" or "other number" at it, this then means a random variant of that text is used (either bla1 or bla2 or bla3 ...) - but all in the same situation.

Next to all the workload we saddle you with: how's the game? Already enjoyable? Would like to read your feedback in another thread (feel free to suggest things, to mention good and bad aspects...).

bye
Ron

sigimg2.php?id=1

#20 18.11.2015 14:01

Teppic
TVTower-Testteam

I agree. As we have mostly german working on english texts
they might sound not right but not completely wrong either.
I think it is easier to start up with revising "older" text parts
than to be creative and to create new stuff. Well on the other hand
you might wand to be creative. I for my part will not push it
to hard. I have brought some ideas into the game.
Some texts for news or films are written and have already been
posted here but not been implemented into the game, yet.
We have a saying:
"In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft." which might be translated by
Don´t push yourself to hard. or Slowly but steady.
So, we welcome advice, help and hf.

#21 19.11.2015 05:56

KyleofTVTower
Mitglied

Thanks for the help, again. I would ask about the Studio, but I've asked enough already. I'll give you a break so you can actually work on the game, Ronny without having to worry about me asking a thousand questions laugh
BTW I did post my thoughts on the game; might wanna check it out for ideas on coming updates! smile

#22 19.11.2015 09:01

Ronny
Administrator
Webseite

Gave you some feedback: you found very advertising words ... it more or less sounds like "I just give some negative facts so it sounds less like an Ad" :-).

Feel free to ask here for help regarding your movies / translation.

bye
Ron

sigimg2.php?id=1

#23 20.11.2015 07:18

KyleofTVTower
Mitglied

@Ronny, actually that's pretty much what happened. laugh
I'll post an example of what I have here; I don't have country of production, critics, and such in mine; I'll add them... eventually, and once I discover where to put those at.
</programme>
        <programme id="programme-kyleoftvtower-schneiderslist">
            <title>
                <en>Schneider's List</en>
            </title>
            <description>
                <en>Sir Schneider the 18th achieves his greatest accomplishment: a list of people whom he would like to be dead. Watch as his list changes in size as he endures the pain of emotions for the first time.</en>
            </description>

Beitrag geändert von KyleofTVTower (20.11.2015 07:19)

#24 20.11.2015 14:20

Ronny
Administrator
Webseite

Ok, so you mixed up the part with the </programme> (the "/" is the closing-indicator in XML/HTML/... -- so you opened something with <programme> and at the end you have to close it with </programme>).

If you put your code in {code}-Blocks (with [ ] instead of { }) - or mark it and click on the "< >" icon - it will keep the "format" (indentation, tabs...).

---

Ok, so let's remember post #10:

<tvgdb>
    <allprogrammes>
        <!-- your programme blocks here -->
    </allprogrammes>
</tvgdb>

See that <!-- your programme blocks here --> - that is the place there all your <programme>...</programme> things go into.

This leads now to the final code:

kyleoftvtower.xml

<tvgdb>
	<allprogrammes>
		<programme id="programme-kyleoftvtower-schneiderslist" product="1" licence_type="1" fictional="0" >
			<title>
				<en>Schneider's List</en>
			</title>
			<description>
				<en>Sir Schneider the 18th achieves his greatest accomplishment: a list of people whom he would like to be dead. Watch as his list changes in size as he endures the pain of emotions for the first time.</en>
			</description>
			<staff>
				<member index="0" function="1">the-id-of-the-director-if-one (function 1 means director)</member>
				<member index="1" function="2">id-of-main-actor (function 2 is main actor)</member>
			</staff>
			<data country="USA" year="1955" maingenre="15" subgenre="0" flags="0" blocks="2" price_mod="1.00" />
			<ratings critics="56" speed="32" outcome="75" />

</programme>
    </allprogrammes>
</tvgdb>

I also appended:
- product="1" -> we got a movie (default)
- licence_type="1" -> does not belong to a series (default)
- some sample cast
- data blocks of interest
- ratings
- fictional="0" (1 if your entry is not based on a real existing movie)

most important is "maingenre". Flags is something for X-rated, b-movies ... we could care later.

Genre:

Type TVTProgrammeGenre {_exposeToLua}
	Const Undefined:int = 0

'Movie-Genre 1+
	Const Adventure:int = 1
	Const Action:int = 2
	Const Animation:int = 3
	Const Crime:int = 4
	Const Comedy:int = 5
	Const Documentary:int = 6
	Const Drama:int = 7
	Const Erotic:int = 8
	Const Family:int = 9
	Const Fantasy:int = 10
	Const History:int = 11
	Const Horror:int = 12
	Const Monumental:int = 13
	Const Mystery:int = 14
	Const Romance:int = 15
	Const SciFi:int = 16
	Const Thriller:int = 17
	Const Western:int = 18

'Show-Genre 100+
	Const Show:int = 100			'Shows Allgemein
	Const Show_Politics:int = 101	'Polit-Talks
	Const Show_Music:int = 102		'Musik-Sendungen

'Event-Genre 200+
	Const Event:int	= 200			'allgemeine "Ereignisse"
	Const Event_Politics:int = 201	'Wahlen, Große Reden, Bundestagsdebatte
	Const Event_Music:int = 202		'AC/DC-Konzert
	Const Event_Sport:int = 203		'Fussball WM, Olymische Spiele
	Const Event_Showbiz:int = 204	'Oscarverleihung, Golden Globes, Gala-Abend

'Reportage-Genre 300+
	Const Feature:int = 300
	Const Feature_YellowPress:int = 301

Hope that helps.

bye
ron

sigimg2.php?id=1

#25 21.11.2015 07:29

KyleofTVTower
Mitglied

Oh, ok. See, I take stuff way too literally. I knew I was doing something wrong when I looked in ronny.xml and saw all the data stuff such as year of production, stuff I didn't have. That's why I came here and asked, because I didn't know if for some reason the game magically assigned that stuff (don't we all wish it were that easy), or it I have to do it myself(haha, should've known). I didn't know the slash thing only went at the end, either, so that helps. Probably a good thing I haven't fired up my game since starting all this mess; otherwise, the game would be like "AGH! Wtf are you doing to me?!"
  Did you get the reference? It's based on Schindler's List(which I have no idea what it's about), spot 6 on IMDb's top rated list. I'm using some new releases and all-time top rated movies ever; trust me though, some of them will have REALLY bad reviews, because it's not the same thing as the real movie! smile
  Didn't you also say something about adding an IMDb ID or something so people could find the movies I'm referencing?
Oh, sorry, one last thing: how do I get the game to assign a random director and/or actor to a show or movie? See, I plan to add something similar to the Oscars and the Grammy Awards, and of course those have a random person chosen. biggrin

Beitrag geändert von KyleofTVTower (21.11.2015 07:34)

Schnellantwort auf dieses Thema

Schreibe deinen Beitrag und versende ihn
Bist Du ein Mensch oder ein Roboter ?

Verifizierung, dass diese Aktion durch eine reale Person vorgenommen wird und nicht von einem Programm.